About VenuWorks » News
July 5, 2012 - VenuWorks Locations named Prime Site Award Winners
For 19 years, Facilities Media Group has been bestowing its annual Awards of Excellence to public assembly facilities and meeting destinations in North America. Venues are nominated by clients based on a number of criteria including attractiveness and functionality, quality of staff, food & beverage/catering, set-ups/breakdowns and many others. The Award is based on opinions of professionals involved in site selection and meeting management.
VenuWorks President Steven Peters said he was delighted by the recognition bestowed on VenuWorks venues and staff members. "It is really gratifying to see the dedication, innovation and expertise of our people recognized. We are fond of saying that our business is 'all about the events' but executing successful events is really all about the people who make it possible."
Several VenuWorks managed locations were recognized with the 2012 Facilities and Destinations Prime Site Award of Excellence from the Facilities Media Group for venue excellence. The nine VenuWorks honorees include convention centers from across the US:
- Sanford Center - Bemidji, MN
- Clay County Regional Events Center - Spencer, IA
- Hurst Conference Center - Hurst, TX
- RiverCenter - Davenport, IA
- Swiftel Center - Brookings, SD
- Vicksburg Convention Center - Vicksburg, MS
- Toyota Center/Three Rivers Convention Center - Kennewick, WA
- Magouirk Conference Center - Dodge City, KS
- Racine Civic Centre - Racine, WI